Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fa la la la la...la la la la...

We have been getting festive around here the past couple days...
We decorated our tree, and Aislynn's job was to point to an ornament and than tell Shaun or I where to put it. Last year she broke a lot of ornaments, so we are trying to minimize the breakage this year. So far only 1 down and that was by me, oops!Cheesy smile.... These are kind of grainy because of the lighting and I didn't want to use a flash, but I like them:)
Yesterday I helped Aislynn write her letter to Santa, fun! I had to help her a little with what to say, but for the most part, she came up with it. My favorite part is when she says: We will leave you and me cookies, of course. She was very insistent on the "and me" and "of course." LOL. You can kinda see her "signature" here-the sideways A. Today we baked some cookies. My Grandma used to send these every year to us when we were little and I just wanted to make some with Aislynn this year. She is so funny to bake with, she wants to dump everything in the bowls and then she wants to have the oven light on to watch everything bake. Later, we were playing in her little kitchen and she was pretending to mix chocolate, butter, salt, and green peppers? She wouldn't let me taste because it was "too hot and needed to cool(said in her best Mommy tone)." Good times! We are hoping to visit Santa sometime this week and make a gingerbread house (which A calls a chocolate house), so that will be fun. We watched Polar Express (or the "train movie) and Aislynn loves it.

4 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Okay I love your Christmas ornaments - I saw some at Target that I wanted...but I guess they will have to be bought next ear :(

Your family pic is adorable - I love the grainy colors; and think it is a choice!

Now I would like to place an order for some of the yummy looking cookies! Mmmmmm...I have to start thinking about some good desserts for Christmas dinner!!

Susan said...

Your photos are AWESOME!!! Such fun times with your daughter...treasure them...they fly by!!!

Shel said...

I love that purple color on you! It is so vibrant and makes your skin really glow! I bet your Xmas cards will be gorgeous!

rcprncss said...

What a beautiful family! You all look so happy! I love the how you glow! A looks so festive in the Santa Hat! Great family pictures!
I agree with Candi, i would like some of them cookies too! LOL! They look delicious!