Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Big Boy...

I took Kieran to baby weigh day today and he was at 16 lbs and 4 oz. This had me a little worried about his weight being too low, but after doing a little reading/researching I found that he should be gaining 2-4 oz per week, and he has gained an average of 2.8 oz per week, so that made me feel better. He is hitting all of milestones he should be and he is DEFINITELY a happy baby:) He is getting into everything and he is trying to pull up on things. He still has a ways to go but if you stand him up, he will hold himself up standing for awhile:Look at that hair:) He is so stinkin' cute:) Yep, looks like one happy guy to me!! You can see his top teeth that have come in the past week or 2...it makes him look older to me and a little more mischievous;)
I snapped this picture of Aislynn today...yes, during a nap! On Monday she took a nap, but didn't go to sleep until almost 11, eek. Yesterday, she couldn't fall asleep for a nap, so she just had some quiet time in her bed. Today, she ended up falling asleep, and I haven't heard any noises...so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she was able to fall asleep tonight. I have decided after a few rough afternoons that naps make her much nicer in the late part of the day and that she needs one or at least some time to herself. So Monday, we sat down in the morning and made a schedule of how the day would look and it included a nap.
P.S. I took this with my 50mm lens on the aperture priority setting and the ISO set at 1600, and aperture set at 1.8. The only light in the room was the light coming in through the sides of the blinds.
P.P.S. I love sleeping kid pictures:)

3 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

I have of yet to snap that perfect glow of a sleeping child pic! It is so glorious to see! AND Aislynn is a perfect target...gorgeous!

Now at some point in the near future YOU MUST do a LO of K's cute HAIR!! My hubby talks so much about how he wished he could enjoy fine hair like he had when he was a child...maybe K will too!!

Rileysmom said...

I just love the new pics of K. He is just the cutest and happiest baby! Jealous that you can get A to nap. She naps at school, but won't at home on the weekends :(

Douglas A. Perry, Sr. said...

What a happy guy! Also, a beautiful photo of Aislynn sleeping.

Dad