Today is my final sketch reveal for Creative Scrappers. I have had a blast designing for them the past 4 months. They have some awesome sketches and every Sunday I am amazed at how different and wonderful each designers takes are on the sketches. I hope someday I can work with them again:)
Well, here is sketch #162:
and my take:
The diamonds kinda threw me. I knew what pictures I wanted to use for the sketch, and when I saw the chipboard filmstrip...I thought I could use that;) And how perfect is that chipboard domino? 2 kids and 2 parents:)
Some detailed shots:
Make sure you go and check out the other interpretations of the sketch here. To win a prize from the newest sponsor, Pretty Little Studio (hello cuteness?!), link your page using sketch 162, 163, 164, 165, or 166 by July 31st. You still have a couple days to be eligible for June's prize if you link a page using sketch 158, 159, 160, or 161 by June 30th. The sponsor for June is Pixie Dust Paperie.
Oh, and check out the pretty new blog look at Creative Scrappers too...I love it! I think I am inspired to give my blog a fresh look this week. Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend!
I have been working on lots of projects that I can't quite share yet, but here are some that I can:
I made this for the June Jillibean Soup Sketch Challenge. This was the first chance I had at breaking in to Watermelon Gazpacho and I looooove it:) The colors and patterns are so fun and bright.
Some close ups:
love these pictures of little A. gosh, it's hard to believe they were taken over 3 years ago!
This is my first project for Ormolu. I loved the goodies in the treehugger line. You can check out the blog post from yesterday to see more about how the page came together. I love what the other creative team members did for their projects too (check out today's post as well!)...so fun!
1. Happy first day of summer!!! Of course, it has felt like summer for well over a month here, but now I suppose it's official;) Check out this free summer photo checklist from Rebecca Cooper!
2. We received these last week:
So far we have made 3 different kinds of pops. 2 of the recipes need some tweaking, but the other one I got from Baked Bree's blog and it is soooo yummy! I love that the kids think it is a big treat, but it is healthy:)
4. And I apologize for this being the next thing after linking fudge pops, but Kieran has been doing some..you know...business in the potty. Not every time, but he says "I wanna go poop in the potty," we put him on and sometimes he does. Other times I think he just wants to sit on his super cool Lightning McQueen potty chair;) Funny how excited I am about this though, before you are a parent...you would never think you would be excited about anything to do with poop;)
5. Speaking of Lightning McQueen, is anyone else pumped about Cars 2? Friday is the big day! Shaun and I would pretty much see movies all the time pre-kids, so we get excited about going to the movies, even if it is for a kid movie:) But while most kid movies are crap...Pixar knocks it out of the park every time;)
6. I have a lot of projects due in the next week. I am hoping some mojo comes to me...very soon. Anyone have some scrappy dust they want to share with me?!
7. Sometimes A is next to me when I am browsing Pinterest:) So far, she has made me pin this and this. Cause I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for her, ha ha;)
8. Since the 4th of July is coming up, here are a couple cute things to do: this and this.
10. Thinking I need to go into town today to pick up some fabric/zippers for some other sewing projects I have in mind. Funny how I have no motivation is scrap right now, but I really really want to sew something:)What crafty medium is motivating you right now?
I tried to make this picture more appealing, but I was working with bad dining room light and I was hungry and wanted to be like the rest of my family and devour this yummy breakfast. Yes, for Father's Day we had a giant breakfast feast and it was delicious:) I have been making these blueberry pancakes a lot lately since blueberries are so yummy and cheap right now. This is just the basic pancake recipe I use with the addition of blueberries (I have done chocolate chips or a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon too).
Blueberry Pancakes (makes about 12-13 pancakes)
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp melted butter
1 1/4 cup milk
pint of blueberries
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add in vanilla, egg, butter, and milk and stir to combine.
2. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour the batter onto your skillet heated over medium heat. Sprinkle blueberries on each pancake before you flip it.
**You may have to work with the heat level. I usually do the first batch at medium high heat and then the next couple batches at a little less than medium heat.
10: fountains and saw a friend from a's school...we met them at the beach a couple days ago too and now the girls want to have a sleepover
11: k not wanting to go in the fountains, so he watched the little birdies and sissy
12: a+k giving "darthy" a bath
13: a fit because I wanted my keys back
19: using some of my scrapbooking bling for faux earrings
20: "borrowing" sissy's ponies
And a little PSA...Kaitlin just listed some wonderful new items in the Ormolu shop, as well as putting some on sale. If you are planning on doing Week in the Life, you *need* some of these items. They are prefect!!! I am planning on getting my album all set up soon with some of these goodies and will share soon. Here are some of my faves...new and old:
This challenge was to use up scraps, and I used scraps from my April kit.
This was a challenge to be inspired by the posted member card. I soooo love how this card came out:) I used scraps from my March kit for this.
This was based on the 6/6 card sketch. I really love how this came out too! This was my first time playing with product from Pebbles Inc, and I love it! The patterned paper is textured, kinda like Bazzill. Fun stuff!
This was for a challenge to make a card for a family member, so since Father's Day is coming up, I made a card from Kieran to Shaun. This was my first time adding pictures to a card and I like it;) I used the yummy June kit for this.
I have also created some other things with the June kit:
I really love the colors in the Lily Bee Picket Fence line...so fresh and new to me!
And finally, I participated in a photo swap challenge on the Nook. I got to swap photos with Kari, one of my pals on scrapbook.com and she was on my design team for Kraft Girl Kits. Since she has all girls, I sent her some pictures of K. I really love what she did with them:
I adore that banner she did!!! She made it with fabric scraps. Pretty cool, huh?
I was lucky to get some fall-ish pictures since here in FL we don't get those pretty color changes...And here is what I created with Kari's pictures:
It was such a fun challenge!! I used the new Pebbles Inc. line for this page, soooo pretty!
I do have another card made, but haven't had time to photograph it yet. I received my papers to work with for the Echo Park Fresh Face month and let me tell you...you will NEED Country Drive. Oh do I love it! I have pictures already to go for my projects, just need to pick up some more printer ink to print them out, ha!