Wednesday, April 17, 2013

project life week 7

I have been neglecting this blog. The truth is...we have a lot on our plates right now. I am also feeling in a bit of a creative rut lately, which adds up to a whole lot of nothing. At the end of the night I want to sit at my desk and create, but then I sit and that's pretty much it, lol!

Anyways, this will pass I know...but I do have some good news! Last week I was offered a job that is a huge jump in pay, responsibility, and I am super excited about it! I start in May, and I am sad to be leaving my current company and work family, but excited to start this new path;) I am feeling a little anxious how we will all adjust with Kieran starting a new preschool and me going back to work full-time, and and and...all those changes and more. 

I guess I use these project life posts to post what is on my mind;) I'll quit yapping and share my week seven:
 This was Valentine's week, hence the red and hearts;) I tried a few different things this week. The most time-consuming part of PL for me is adding the journaling and little tid-bits about the photos, so in photoshop, I added journaling directly on some of the pictures. I also decided to add journaling on one of the 3x4 pockets and use arrows to connect the words+photos. I like it. I think I am going to play around adding journaling when I edit my photos some more. It makes it so much easier:)
I used lots and lots of Studio Calico Snippets on this week:) I love the colors in that collection:)


I love Aislynn's outfit she picked out for Valentine's Day:) She even had me paint her fingers pink the night before, with red hearts and glitter;)

The blue chevron is a printable card from Paislee Press (link below in supply list) and I added a wood veneer heart, journaling via photoshop, and stamped the "overheard."

So that's a wrap! To be honest, I want to throw my assignments out the window and work on project life. I think that is not helping my creative rut...wanting to work on something else, but can't!

Supplies used:

2 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

This is so perfect it so many ways. I adore the arrows and am thinking when I go back to tweak my pages and add details I'm going to be a bit influenced. ;) I also love the thinking of adding the quick clips of pics added to the larger rectangular spaces! I need to spend an entire day just sitting with your pages in my lap, enjoying every little detail.

Mrs. Weddle said...

love it all of course. I have sc's here and now collection and i'm like oooh i need to do that and this with your page. I know the feeling of being creative-less on the more traditional pages, but i have the luxury of only working on the pl album right now. :)